Each year the Chickahominy Reunion Association Awards Scholarships to students who are graduates of Hamilton Avenue School. The scholarship program was started by our organization in 1997 following our first reunion picnic in 1996. John Merchant returned his $500 winnings from the 50/50 raffle and the committee voted to use this money to begin a Scholarship Program.
The following requirements for eligibility for winning the scholarship were established at that time and are still in effect today.
1. The recipient must be a graduate of Hamilton Avenue School or be related to a Chickahominy Reunion member in good standing and that has resided in Chickahominy or lived there for three generations or less.
2. Show proof of academic proficiency.
3. Be involved in community service and extra curricular activities.
4. Have a need for financial assistance.
5. Graduate from Greenwich High School, private local high school or local trade school and be registered to continue on to college or an accredited school of higher education.
Qualifying GHS students are submitted to our CRA Committee by the GHS Scholarship selection committee. There will be 2 scholarships chosen each year by the GHS selection committee and the remaining scholarships will be chosen by our Scholarship committee directly.
PAST WINNERS ARE: